Monday, August 31, 2015

Placemats-Crazy

27.Aug.15 27.Aug.15 27.Aug.15

For a while now, I have had a placemats fever. These plain polyester ones didn't cut it for me, so when a stack of vintage doilies got passed round to me, it felt like an eureka moment. It was extremely fun trying to piece all of them together. Some were stitched on simply, others with some effort, just for kicks.

The unfortunate thing about these doily placemats is: They are too feminine. And because we have to cater to very masculine diners, flipping the placemats downwards won't do...

27.Aug.15 27.Aug.15

Soon after, in another friend's destash, these vintage calico unfinished bread bags left an impression on me. I thought about it for a while and finally caved to buying 6 pieces. They stitched up really well -- perfect size, weight and gender-neutrality.

27.Aug.15

Pickle always gets first dips (especially if there's morning sun) and obviously approves of them. Goes really well with the bread-making-craze we've been having, too!


2 comments:

  1. I always love your upcycling, you always find the coolest way to re-use things!! I'm a big fan of the recycled doilies on place mats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always better to have new stuff cat tested ;)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)