Thursday, April 30, 2015

Autumn Harvest at Stirling Laneways Market 26 Apr 2015

26.Apr.15 'Autumn Harvest' Stirling Laneways Market 26.Apr.15 'Autumn Harvest' Stirling Laneways Market 26.Apr.15 'Autumn Harvest' Stirling Laneways Market 26.Apr.15 'Autumn Harvest' Stirling Laneways Market 26.Apr.15 'Autumn Harvest' Stirling Laneways Market 26.Apr.15 'Autumn Harvest' Stirling Laneways Market

The wettest market experience ever, and I did regret not bringing the fabric 'walls' for the marquee as the winds kept sweeping the drizzle onto my bags. Although, I must admit to being very pleased with the concise display and loving the new props. Still got it, the hang of setting up, that is.

With the market theme 'Autumn Harvest', I thought to play around with the use of full baskets for 'harvest', literally. While setting up that morning, I found a small pile of red vines next to me, waiting to be picked up. They fit the 'autumn' bit perfectly. (Now, as I type this, there are no grape vines in the parking lot and wonder if they belonged to my neighbouring stall??? Oopsy!!!)

The leaning signboards on the floor got kept away eventually as they got soaked and yucky. There was a lot of foot traffic for this event, but they did not translate into sales, as another market stallholder had described.

I am not disappointed, don't worry, because I got to chat with many cat-loving people as they stopped by. There are many cat-loving people, despite the hundreds of dogs that walk through the market... One lady stopped by to look at a Pickle purse, and she let me know that she had bought one (in Milan Rouge shop) to cheer up a colleague who was having a rough time. That just made my day -- Pickle and I have done our jobs!

No comments:

Thoughts on this

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)