Thursday, February 5, 2015

Floral Batik dresses - Burda 7796 and New Look 6352

29.Jan.15 Gathered neckline dress 29.Jan.15 A-Line Shift dress in Batik 29.Jan.15 A-Line Shift dress in Batik

The Hubs travels a lot. Whenever that happens, Pickle and I get a lot of time to indulge in sewing. After loving the purple Pickle dress so much, I jumped right into this batik version. Also I splurged on a rotary cutter and cutting mat. My sewing life changed drastically -- where have you been all my life, rotary cutter?!

With these dresses I have discarded my dislike of bias tape. I am going to finish all my neck and arm edges with bias tape from now on! And pockets. Pockets everywhere.

January's dressmaking adventures have focused mainly on 2 sewing patterns: Burda 7796 (gathered neckline dress) and New Look 6352 (A-line shift dress).

I can get irrationally obsessed with something (until I get so sick of it) and this shift dress has been the object of attention. For now.

29.Jan.15 31.Jan.15 A-Line Shift dress with Vintage Floral 31.Jan.15 A-Line Shift dress with Vintage Floral

No comments:

Thoughts on this

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)