Sunday, January 4, 2015

Last Market Stall for 2014

21.Dec.14 21.Dec.14 21.Dec.14

My last market was the pre-Christmas market of Stirling Laneways on 21st December. For this event, I created new wine bags and little metal frame purses. It was an OK day, but slow I have to admit, because most have had their Christmas shopping done already.

It had been an intense 6 months of trying out markets, not one of them with predictable crowd and reception, in my experience. Looking back, I am disgusted by how obsessed with markets I have become and how it had consumed every minute of my day. Sewing was no longer fun and I felt unhealthy all around. We want our weekends back to enjoy our home and life in Australia.

Going out to markets needs to be fun, not stressful and wasteful of time and money... This year I am focusing on taking it easy with markets: once every month or two months, maybe? I am keeping my calender open, and I shall be very selective from now on!

1 comment:

  1. Rich and I did markets a few years back - I agree with what you said above, you never know what you're going to get! We meet some cool crafty people through it and it was fun for a while, but it takes a lot of time! All the best for your business in 2015 :)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)