Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sister's Dress version 2.1

04.Sep.14
This is the re-worked dress for my sister, the version I will be mailing for the second time. Version 2.1 is the three-quarter-sleeved version, a version I enjoy wearing myself. My sister wants a short-sleeved dress.

After creating and attaching wider short-sleeves (version 2.0) and sleeping on it, I woke up the next morning resolved in eliminating the stress of time spent on another unwearable piece and costs of mailing it back and forth. With a longer sleeve, she could cut it to the length she wants, or wear it as is, version 2.1.

Thankfully we have enough remaining fabric for new sleeves. Fingers crossed that it works this time!

Some behind the scenes photos:
03.Sep.14
* Removing original sleeves.

03.Sep.14
* Widened the sleeve pattern.

03.Sep.14
* Released the front pleats by tapering the seams.

04.Sep.14
* Version 2.0 with widened arm-scythe.

04.Sep.14
* Prepping the new three-quarter sleeves.

04.Sep.14
* Attached notes on measurements of sleeves.

1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful - I would wear it if it was may size!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)