Monday, June 9, 2014

Recent Craft Supplies I Have Been Gifted

IMG_0698 IMG_0717 IMG_0718

If you are the crafty sort, you can relate to how friends and relations will sometimes -- if not, often -- send things your way so that 'you can make something out of it'. The last three days felt like a gifting day to me.

It began with neighbour Ann on Friday morning. She passed me two little bags of glass beads as it seems she is not fond of the colours and will have no use for them.

The postman rang the doorbell on Saturday morning and handed me a parcel. My sister wants me to make a dress for her, so she sent me the fabric she wants the dress made out of. In exchange for my service, I am rewarded with extra fabric. I can hear your fellow fabric-hoarding heart singing along with mine.

Then on Sunday, market-friend Jess handed me a bag full of pre-loved jewellery, for which felt like Christmas morning to me as I sieved through for beady items that I could repurpose.

Funny how whenever I say 'I quit' to jewellery-making, beads seem to find their way back to me. It's going to be fun trying to make all these beads work together; challenge accepted!


1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome - I seem to attract a lot of old patterns, which I don't mind. If anyone wants to give me fabric I am happy. I can't wait to see what you make with those beads! :)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)