Saturday, June 21, 2014

Green Little Hearts Dress for My Sister

17.Jun.14 Dress for my sister 17.Jun.14 Dress for my sister 17.Jun.14 Dress for my sister 17.Jun.14 Dress for my sister 17.Jun.14 Dress for my sister

This is officially the first dress I made for my sister. She sent me this fabric*, along with others as reward, to turn into a 'dress with pockets'. As I am familiar with the Japanese dress pattern that I so love, I made her this short-sleeved version. It is a dress with pockets. The good thing about this dress is only having to worry about the chest size (I'm hoping).

The entire dressmaking process took from 9am to 5:20pm (uff). Do you take a whole day to make one simple dress, too? Or am I just that slow?

Some adjustments made:
- adding 1" to the centrefolds of front and back;
- bigger pockets;
- extending sleeves by 1 cm.

P.S. Pickle never always lies on things. When it gets late, she very automatically tells me to stop work, when it's that time of the day.

P.P.S. She can't wear it. Oh, the sadness.

* I specified the amount.

3 comments:

  1. Nice dress. Simple and comfy. This is the Dress E in Stylish dress book(English version). What size you chose ? And what was the finished measurements ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE DRESS!!! This is so awesome!!! Your sister is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty dress! I always love those Japanese pattern books, I really must try one someday. Why can't your sister wear it? Such a shame:(

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)