Friday, April 25, 2014

The JuanitaTortilla DIY stall name signage

24.Apr.14 24.Apr.14 24.Apr.14 24.Apr.14

Taking a break from all the needle breaking otherwise known as sewing, I spent an afternoon creating a Juanita Tortilla signage / stall name. It is thoroughly old school, using carton, newsprint, oil pastels, and grease-proof baking paper. Not forgetting freestyle handwriting.

Image 1: The finished sign. How lightweight.

Image 2: 'Bold'-ing the font oh so manually.

Image 3: Precious crayons from the days dinosaurs walked the earth. Opening the box and smelling it always makes me feel like a kid (from the dinosaur era).

Image 4: Translucent grease-proof paper to trap all the flaky bits of pastel and prevent smearing.

What do you think about it?

4 comments:

  1. I really love it! Some things are best done the "old school" way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I might have to do something similar soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love it :)
    I have my first booth at a crafts show in May as well and still need a sign as well!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)