Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Almost Retro - Monthly Stitch Challenge - Sewing Double

23.Apr.14 Third version of this dress 23.Apr.14 Third version of this dress 23.Apr.14 Third version of this dress
Recently I joined The Monthly Stitch community, and April's challenge is 'Sewing Double'. I knew immediately which dress was going to be made, and for my third time.


I am crazy about the freedom of movement and gathered sleeves this dress offers. And I think I may start clearing my wardrobe to make way for more of these... There are two made previously that keep getting worn!

Not sure how I feel about the busy yellow-and-black floral fabric, though. I bought it from a bargain bin (5 metres for $15 in Singapore), without a plan for it. You must have moments like that, too? When made into a dress, it looks almost retro.

The fabric "melted" under the iron set for cotton fabric, so I assume this is synthetic. Less wrinkly than cotton, too, which may be a good thing.

It is a no-brainer that I will be making many more of these in a variety of colours. I wonder if a long version would work...

Pattern: Japanese craft book "Adult couture pattern 001" #3019 (ISBN 978-4-579-11301-9).
IMG_8122

Size: 9 / M
Fabric: 3 metres of thin, almost synthetic fabric bought in Singapore, Arab Street
Time taken: 2 days
Modifications: 0

The past versions:
IMG_8115
[ blogged here ]

IMG_8803
[ not blogged ]

Submitting this post to The Monthly Stitch community.


5 comments:

  1. Yah! you joined the monthly stitch - its run by some pals of mine, so when you come and visit, I will introduce you. I love this dress too, it looks so comfy and cute! Next time we get action shots right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive makes! What's great is that you also love wearing your creations :) I would definitely love to see more in other colours and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the yellow fabric, it reminds me of mimosa flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! all the versions are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty, pretty, pretty for a pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)