Monday, March 24, 2014

Friendly Feature: Ask Sarah

Ask Sarah
Before moving to Adelaide, I prowled the web for thrift stores and landed up on this op shop bus tour review. In the next minute of blog stalking, I saw that Sarah sews and has cats. (Cats!) Not feeling shy at all, I contacted Sarah with a 'Hey, want to be friends?' to which she said yes. Another funny fact: Sarah called me on my pre-paid mobile and who knew that was going to cost all my phone credits! We stayed in touch via email and after a few weeks of settling down in Adelaide, I finally got to meet Sarah in person who surprised me further with a housewarming gift and chocolates. Please meet Sarah:

***
Tell us when you started blogging, and why.
Hmm, why I started blogging! I was the weird kid. My grandmas button tin was my awesome. My Mum made salads from the whole garden, flowers, fruits & grains. We made wholemeal bread and soaked bulgar wheat. As a kid I loved Martha Gardeners book on stains. It's messed up but that was my deal. I brought that stuff to Ask Sarah! People liked stain removal, organization and simple food, so I kept doing it....

How do you like to spend your weekends?
I cocoon on weekends, they're my times with Mr Ask. We love to watch one episode after another of the same tv show. Or drive hours into the distance. Both have some sort of picnic involving cheese, biscuits and a wine, beer or G&T. Sometimes Mummy Ask & I hit a market, coz we love that shit!

Do you have a favourite dish / cuisine / style of cooking?
I could eat Italian or Mexican all day long! And 70's vego, like cream cheese, sprouts, grated carrot, pineapple and walnut on rye. Gimme carbs on carbs with cheese, yeah baby!

In the bookstore or library, at which section are we most likely able to find you?
I used to read 3-4 novels a week but then there was the Internet! I read oh so many things, mostly online. The last three books were non fiction and freakin amazing, eyes open wider. The last was called Cinderella Ate My Daughter, good gender political discourse.

Share with us 3 interesting facts about yourself.
- I love people but I feel awkward meeting them
- I've been vegetarian for 27 years and still cook meat for others
- I love history even if it's uncool

May we know what your profession or occupation is?
I have a previous career in event management & finance. I left knowing what I could do - I could help people to survive life with flair.
***
Untitled 11.Mar.14
Recorded on March 13th 2014.

2 comments:

  1. Oh you sweet thing! Thank you for featuring me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great questions, love the photo bomber in the last pic! X

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)