The rewarding bit about packing up for a move is taking stock and revisiting memories along the way. And also chucking the bad things out.
Let's talk about shoes. If shoes are telling of a person's personality, I wonder what mine say. For sure I am a big fan of walking. What do your shoes say?
There are 12 pairs of footwear to my name:
* 1 new pair joined us in 2013;
* a couple of them are over 10 years old;
* a pair are men's shoes which are way more comfortable than women's, I can attest;
* 4 are leather, sorry; and
* most have a respectably thick cushy sole.
FYI: Received a great tip from friend Jasmin regarding storing / standing sloppy boots -- a rolled up magazine does the trick! I have heard "That's a great use of The Economist'" twice now from amused folks.
And yes, I am guilty of washing sneakers (or trainers) in the washer.
USA 2013 // Rome 2012 // Switzerland 2011
Switzerland 2009 // Singapore 2001-2 // Singapore 2012 // USA 2011
Singapore 2012 // USA 2011 // Singapore 2001-2 // USA 2008 // USA 2008