Thursday, January 23, 2014

Rocky Hill Chocolate Loaf




My last cake bake in this town; the result of cleaning out the pantry is this chocolate loaf. A crust like that looks like a rocky hill...


I attempted to follow a recipe (www.kingarthurflour.com), but was generous with the cocoa powder, cut back on the sugar, doubled the amount of baking powder, and replaced coffee powder with tea. How's that for following a recipe?

It tastes much better than my previous ugly experiment: http://juanitatortilla.blogspot.com/2013/12/im-ugly-so-what-dark-chocolate-loaf.html?m=1 :)

P.S. Blogging from the phone and curious to know how this turns out.

4 comments:

  1. Your post looks pretty good for blogging from a phone - so when I come and visit you will make me chocolate cake right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember your "ugly" loaf! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)