Thursday, January 30, 2014

Huge Thanks to Ozzi Cat and Friends - PICKLE IN QUARANTINE Update



One day after a bibimbap lunch, Cathy and I were chatting about cats and she introduced me to Ozzi Cat, an Australian cat magazine. Seeing how Ozzi Cat is a resource of information, I wrote to Natalie ("Mrs Cat") to inquire about the availability of a certain litter disposal system in Australia. Natalie replied in speed and I also learned that she is no stranger to having her cats in quarantine.

Then, just so unsolicited, Natalie offered to visit Pickle at the quarantine station.

Hubs and I were so excited to hear of this kind offer of a gesture. What coincidence that Natalie lives in Melbourne! Also using her initiative, Natalie called up the quarantine station to find out how we could authorise her visit. The date was set for January 24th and I began a countdown; Pickle celebrates her midway mark of her quarantine with a new friend!

I had to share this exciting news and Ozzi Cat with Sandra who in turn suggested I make a voice recording for Pickle. Despite feeling embarrassed, I did it anyway under the encouragement of Julia, and I sent my voice file to Natalie.

Knowing that a friendly someone was going to spend some loving time with Pickle took some anxiety away and I would have been happy with that.

However Natalie returned from her visit with more than a reassuring update and beautiful photographs of Pickle; she took videos and compiled a special playlist which I am eager to share with you. These videos made me feel that much closer to our baby girl, and I am dumbfounded by Natalie's generosity and kindness.

I only hope that this modest little blog post can do justice in saying thanks to Natalie's grand gesture and support from fellow cat-adoring friends. Thank you!

The Pickle in quarantine playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwSxTOzL3RU9Sao5fLiYWQjTxJmHcewm9 - 9 videos


14 comments:

  1. Posts like this one really restore ones faith in humanity.What a wonderful thing to do for you, that lady has the kindest soul. I think I would have been in floods of tears. I can imagine how hard it is for you to be separated from Pickle, I can't bear to be apart from our doggies. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me so happy! ^_^ 10 days left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pickle looks and sounds no worse for the wear! Meow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Natalie!!! You are awesome to be so nice to Pickle. I enjoyed the little movies.
    So happy that Pickle is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! Those photos are gorgeous! So sweet of Natalie to make that visit for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was such a lovely thing to do for you and it must have been fantastic for you to see Pickles again. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh darling, I am so happy your Pickle found somebody like that lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "One day after a bibimbap lunch..." : ) That makes me want to go back to the Asian Bistro! Well, if you're ever back this way! : )
    What an absolute GEM Natalie is! It's just unbelievable that it worked out so well and that she lives right there where Pickle is! The videos are precious and if I were in your position and our kitties were in quarantine I would feel 100% better seeing the photos and videos and knowing they were getting such nice visits from another cat lover. Really very heart warming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such GREAT news, Juanita!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Natalie is a wonderful person indeed! Cat moms are the best! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww...this is such great news! What a kind heart Natalie has - such a wonderful lady xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Natalie, what a beautiful person you are!!! She seems so happy to have your new friendship. Juanita, what a lovely reassurance for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww.. Juanita.. Thank you SO much for this post xoxox Guys, thank you SO much for your kind comments!! I'm sitting here in tears, I'm too soft hearted I guess!! :) It was a pleasure to do this - I know how much this all means - for the kitty and for her mum and dad! I went through relocating my cats from another country, they had to stay in Singapore for 6 months before coming to Oz quarantine for another month. We lost one cat to an unknown disease when only one month left before flying from Sing to Oz.. His name is Pusha - which, if translated from Russian, means Fluffy. If you track Juanita's journey, this name means a lot. It was a miracle that we saved another cat, as she got severely sick too. Manya was a diabetic cat before but it was not diabetes that struck her there. She was not eating and no progress was seen. I was only relying on a vet doctor at the vet hospital there. She was the only thing that was connecting me with my baby - it was a torture not being able to quickly come and hug my babe - I know what good people mean while we are far from our babies. Manya was not eating and I called them and asked if I could talk to her. So we did that, and I asked Manya via the phone to eat and told her how I loved her and how strong she was... and... she ate a few kibbles - that was a huge success! This is why I know what magic your voice does to your cat. When Manya arrived to Oz she stayed in a pen #161, Pickle is in #141 :) I went through a lot with my cats in my life, I know by heart what things mean to kitties and their humans. I'm thankful to Juanita for this opportunity to do something good. I will be happy when these gorgeous fur and human ladies re-unite, which will be pretty soon! (And not to forget the daddy!) :) What can be better when feeling safe and loved? HUGS to you all and your kitties! Thank you SO much for your kind comments and Juanita for this post, I treasure your every word xox Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Pickle is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ... Oh, and Natalie, you are a beautiful person xx

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)