Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Embroidered Towel for Pickle



Pickle begins her long journey across the North American continent -- then down to Melbourne in isolation -- in less than a week.

As a last craft item for 2013, I wanted to make a comfort item for Pickle. This is an old and grey bath towel which I "embroidered". When presented to her, she claimed ownership immediately.

I only hope that my worries for Pickle are unfounded; with the time drawing near, I have nightmares about this old cat not surviving the ordeal, or that she becomes a completely different cat from the trauma of abandonment... Something we'll only find out in February 2014.

P.S. 'am keeping my Singer sewing machine and shipping it to Adelaide. The serger (overlocking machine) found a new mistress via Craigslist.

7 comments:

  1. Oh so quickly? Is she going to be in quarantine in the US as well? I didn't know pets have to go through it in the country of origin too. :(
    The embroidered towel is such a sweet gift for her. Have a safe 3 months, Pickle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops! My mistake. February! We will see her in February!

      Delete
  2. Hope Pickle has a good journey and the time flies by until she is in her new home with you.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending all my positive thoughts and vibes for Pickle! Be strong, little girl! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Juanita! Enjoy new year's eve. I hope Pickle will have a great time too. You are one of the blogs I'm happy to discover read way back the last months of 2012. I remember last year, I encouraged you to have a linky party about our dreams and plans for 2013. Time flies so fast, it's already 2014!

    Wishing you all the best to your next destination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure Pickle will be fine and very happy to be given again cuddles from her mummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely gift for Pickle - I'm sure she will be fine and will be so happy to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)