Tuesday, October 15, 2013

How I Turned 35. WTF?

The old kid who refuses to grow up, with her cupcakes
Damn. Another year older. I dreaded this day because I am in denial about this whole getting old business. Thirty-five. Thirty-effing-five and way *way* over the hill. I've tumbled down ungracefully to crash and burn at the bottom.

The birthday-Sunday came and went, just like any other Sunday... But with cupcakes. Cupcakes saved the day. And sunshine. Finally, some autumn sunshine.

Friends and family deserved some credit: The day was made special by wishes from the virtual world, time-stamped from all over the globe. Your birthday shout-outs made it official. It means a lot to me that I'm in your thoughts -- I don't need presents, because these are just *things*... But I won't refuse any present. Who am I kidding.

Like any other Sunday, lunch was cooked and enjoyed; one of my few favourite dishes in the world, Mee siam.

Like any other Sunday, we spent the afternoon with Pickle and Fluffy, and a bit of housekeeping. What? Yah, can't escape the housewife's duties.

And like any other Sunday, we made it a movie night. But with dinner in the dark, which was junk food (deep fried chicken) from the snack counter. We shouldn't expect any gourmet stuff from the youngsters tending the popcorn and soda machine... I'm trying to lay off junk-food-ish-chicken, but heck, it's my birthday and I do what I want to, in IMAX 3D.

Lunch in the sun
Mee siam!
Carrot cake. The chosen one.
House of cupcakes is a house of cupcakes
Dinner in the dark -- of course you won't be able to see anything
What did you get up to on my birthday?

10 comments:

  1. Oh no, I missed your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday, my dear. And stop fretting, you are only a baby at 35 ;-). Anyhoo, you don't even look it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday with your hubby and the kitties! :D
    The little things in life like cupcakes, sunshine and fried chicken can truly be a pleasure, heheh. That noodle dish you made looks yummy, and your chopsticks are so fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday, Juanita!!!!!!! Don't make me feel 'old', LOL! ;D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. héy you are not even over 'half' of your life! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated Happy birthday wishes, I wish I was only 35!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Happy Birthday! Just seen this but will come back for a proper read soon - bed is calling right now!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Over the hill? Psh! You're not even starting to tumble! Plus, if you're over the hill that means I'm just a few short years behind! Embrace 35. Happy Birthday, again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Over the hill! Please! 35 is hardly "old" - you look adorable with all your cupcakes, they also look delicious. Lunch in the sun looks fabulous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How could I miss this post Juanita! Belated happy birthday !!! You look so happy and beautiful :) Wishing you all the love and happiness. I'm looking forward on reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh happy belated birthday!!! I think you look younger than 35. Enjoy dear!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)