Tuesday, October 1, 2013

13 Things for 2013 - The Last Quarter



Yes / Maybe / Not Really / No:

  1. Photography course: Yes, a short casual one in August, in Philly. There's a lot more room for improvement.
  2. Sewing: Yes. Gaining a little confidence in my sewing skills through learning-by-doing.
  3. Exercise: Yes. I can finally reach my toes, but with strain. That took about 7 months of infrequent yoga classes? Not losing weight and flab, but I do feel better.
  4. Bake a bread a month: Getting lazy, but I'm nagging at myself to try croissants.
  5. Conquer my fear of NYC Subway: No. Maybe never, but that's not important in my life right now.
  6. Drive: Not Really. Although, I enjoy our Jeep Liberty, and I'm afraid normal sedans just won't cut it for me anymore.
  7. Revamp my Etsy store: Yes. With new photos taken in summer sunlight. Haven't been making new items though.
  8. Go to the cinema: Yes. I will miss American entertainment when we leave...
  9. Go for a musical: No. Still seeking company; it wouldn't be fun alone.
  10. Meet other Etsy crafters: No.
  11. Finish my fabric stash: A horrendous fail, because I bought more.
  12. Downsize wardrobe to 100 pieces: Maybe? I don't shop, but have brought some clothes over from Singapore in September. Why keep them in storage and not use them?
  13. Live with less: Maybe. Apart from my weakness in procuring fabric and sewing patterns, knowing that we're moving helps keep this in check. Hey, I need my hobbies to stay sane, right?

Are you as sad as I am that the year is almost over?

3 comments:

  1. It is crazy to me that we're in the last quarter of the year. Where did it go?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day I was like whaaaat?! It's october?! I live in the southern hemisphere so I am heading into summer, my birthday is coming up and I'll be home free from school soon so I'm not disappointed it is nearing the end, just surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't help but hoard fabric and patterns - I totally understand how you feel!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)