Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sew Me Something: Hello Hydrangeas to be Featured in a Magazine?



Friends on Instagram would find this dress familiar. I finished this project in the first week of July, but stored it in the workroom closet because I felt the waist was too tight, boo. So I made another version, in black (image below), slightly larger. The top turned out way too loose -- second boo.

When my friends visited and saw the Hydrangea dress, they said that it was worth another try fitting into it. I tried it on the next morning, before heading out to NY, and the waist fits, sans breakfast. That made my morning.

While in the city wearing this dress, a girl from an online magazine asked if she could take a photo of me and my outfit. I had so much doubt and asked if it was a magazine for worst-dressed people... No, she said to assure me. So, I obliged. Don't get too excited; I am sure it is a clever publicity stunt to get me, and all my friends, checking out that said online magazine with bated breath. (See, I got you all curious now, right? Well played.)

P.S. I am rather proud of this dress, and slapping on the JuanitaTortilla fabric label couldn't have felt more satisfying.

Pattern: Butterick Easy B4443. Size 12.
Material: Remnants, 1 yard each. Polyester lining.
Time taken: 2 days.

1 comment:

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)