Thursday, August 15, 2013

Friendly Feature: Julia - The Spotted Sparrow and The Pixel Frau

Julia
Julia. Our virtual paths crossed on Etsy, then through blogs, facebook, and finally in person, this June, in Edinburgh on our spontaneous meet-up. I enjoy getting on with her, sharing things in common. Julia is always so friendly and often offers her time on tech advice... She was also the one that brought me to Kathleen while in Etsy Germany Street Team*. Please meet my buddy, Julia:

***
Tell us when you started blogging, and why.
I started blogging in 2007 when I moved abroad. It was a fun and easy way to keep family and friends up-to-date and to document my European adventures. Now I blog about WordPress over at Pixel Frau.

How do you like to spend your weekends?
Since I work from home, I like to get out of the house on weekends. My perfect weekend is grabbing a coffee, browsing around Tynemouth Market for vintage goodies, followed by a visit to the Priory and a walk on the beach.

Do you have a favourite dish / cuisine / style of cooking?
I loooove Thai and Indian cuisine. I mostly eat vegan meals, so there's usually some fun substituting and experimenting going on.

In the bookstore or library, at which section are we most likely able to find you?
Sci-Fi / Fantasy. Yep, I'm a geek.

Share with us 3 interesting facts about yourself.
I'm a crazy cat lady. I've lived in 3 countries and speak 2 languages. I'm a closet gamer.

May we know what your profession or occupation is?
I split my time between the Spotted Sparrow, where I make and sell greeting cards and art prints, and Pixel Frau, where I teach Etsy sellers how to make websites with WordPress.
***
Whitley Bay Beach
Zelda
* Interestingly, the 3 of us are no longer in a German-speaking part of the world now. I guess we need to thank Etsy Germany Street Team for bringing us together.

Recorded on Jun 07, 2013.


No comments:

Thoughts on this

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)