Thursday, August 29, 2013

Friendly Feature: Explody Full

Explody Full
With Explody Full (who also wishes to remain anonymous), it is another from-blog-to-flesh story. Our virtual paths crossed in the Cooking Club founded by Lucent Imagery. I enjoy reading EF's cooking posts and stories, and in fact, there were one or two that seem to have been taken out from my life. I imagined we would hit it off in person, so I was certainly excited when she contacted me about a possible meetup in New York City. With that, our real-life paths crossed in April, this year. She certainly is fun and full of energy. Please meet my dynamic friend:

***
Tell us when you started blogging, and why.
My friend and I discovered Blogger in 2002 when we were at Uni, we started using it as a method of 'emailing' each other from the library computers. You cannot access email from those computers but blogger was not blocked so we would email each other using the blog. Most of it was about how bored we were of studying or what we were going to eat next but eventually it somehow turned into a real blog.

How do you like to spend your weekends? 
The best weekends are the ones where you don't have to do anything, I like to go out for breakfast in the morning and then come home and have a nap. The afternoons are for anything but I often try out new recipes which are too time consuming for during the week.

Do you have a favourite dish / cuisine / style of cooking?
I don't think I can choose, I like pretty much everything and the types of food I cook changes regularly. I am always finding new things and reviving forgotten favorites. But I can safely say my favourite type of food is a cooked meal. I don't snack because I think snacks are inferior and it just means you won't be as hungry when it's time for the real meal!

In the bookstore or library, at which section are we most likely able to find you?
Fantasy and Sci-fi! I also like browsing the food section but I don't actually like cooking from recipe books. 

Share with us 3 interesting facts about yourself.
- I don't eat mushrooms because I was traumatised as a child. My father made us eat whole boiled mushrooms, it was disgusting and I remember gagging a lot. But I do like Asian mushrooms like shitake.
- I use a toothpaste called Salty. It is really salty.
- I only recently learned that Gibraltar is not part of Spain. And then I admitted my previous ignorance to some Gibraltarians. I clearly have no shame.

May we know what your profession or occupation is? 
I tell people how to make websites.
***

EF has been extremely busy travelling the world. In addition to her food blog, Anything Squirrel Squirrel is her travel blog. I am always extremely jealous when I see her travel updates!

Recorded on July 18, 2013.

1 comment:

  1. It must have been good fun meeting one of our fellow members of the cookery club. It was interesting finding out more about her. I too am envious of her travelling!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)