Sunday, August 11, 2013

CD Diary: Cool Day for a Crash-landing. July 24, 2013

Coconuts for the kitchen
Wi-fi sweet spot - uploading the Instagram video and feeding mosquitoes

Aloe vera gel from Alba that saved the night
The little pot of aloe vera that looked well-used
Breakfast
Pigging out, because breakfast is the most important meal of the day?
Low-tech solution
Rainy day - not much to do
Soldering. What other tools do you have?
Is it going to rain again?
Lunch -- chicken salad and garlic bread
A good spot to crash-land
Preparing dinner
Day 3 on Glover's Reef. Rainy morning. The day started out slow due to the incoming storm clouds. There was a plan to take a plane out for another high altitude mission, though. Time was spent repairing the wet water plane. In the few hours before dinner, the staff were busy cleaning fish by the dock. Some very much alive, still. I was asked if I wanted to give it a try. I used to clean (de-scale) fish back in the day, but not anymore, so I passed. We knew what we were having for dinner.

Our first crash-landing. Watch what happened: (It's a fun video, I promise.)

1 comment:

  1. I have been enjoying all your recent posts, and found the video so interesting. The views from the plane were amazing and it goes up so high what a shame it crashed. What are they surveying? Your legs still look so sore.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)