Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Bread A Month: Aug 2013: Pumpkin Walnut Raisin Loaf

Pumpkin Walnut Raisin loaf
The gooey dough
After a 2-hour rise
Gooey dough in pan before second rise
Freshly-baked Pumpkin Walnut Raisin loaf
Impressed by the brownness
Breakfast

There was a can of pumpkin puree taunting me in the kitchen, so I turned it into a loaf of bread, assisted by pumpkin pie spice, walnuts and raisins (in place of cranberries). The recipe makes for 3 loaves, but I ended up with 1. Did I triple the calories of one slice? What did I do wrong, Julia Child? It tasted great, anyhow -- a crossover between cake and bread. (Brioche, actually.)

Happy to be back, experimenting with bread, after a 2-month hiatus. My next try could be croissant. I sort of miss those buttery Gipfeli in Switzerland, and haven't had one in months...

2 comments:

  1. That looks an interesting bread to try! I wondered as I was reading it what it might taste like! I have never seen pumpkin puree for sale here.
    Thank you for the lovely comments you have left me.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bread! I have a can of pumpkin puree from last year collecting dust in the cupboard. Maybe it's time to use it?

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)