Thursday, July 18, 2013

Friendly Feature: Trees - Adventures of a Girl from the Naki

Jumping Trees
Trees was featured on Chloe's (Esther's) blog when they met up in Singapore. I later found out that she sews and makes her own dresses, too. But, I must admit to sticking around that extra longer because I was reading a blog written in New Zealand. (That would be my first.) Trees also made the Christmas Swop extra fun for the rest of us, and raised the bar, with the impressive gifts she sent to her swap partner. In May this year, we met in person when Trees took a rather grand vacation in the USA. Please meet the fast-sewing Trees:

***
Tell us when you started blogging, and why.
When I moved from Hamilton to Wellington I decided to start a blog so that my friends back in Hamilton could keep up with what I was doing. I thought it was kind of nicer than those long group e-mails.

But over time the blog has taken on a life of its own, its been a great chance for me to explore my own interests, meet new friends all over the world and make a record of my life.

I often found it weird I am able to keep up with blogging so easily, when I have never been able to keep a diary for more than a few days.

How do you like to spend your weekends?
So many things! I'm quite lucky - Wellington is a small city but there is always something fun happening. I usually spend time with friends, check out a movie, go for a walk, head to the gym and spend time sewing or crafting.

Do you have a favourite dish / cuisine / style of cooking?
I lived in Korea for a year, so I LOVE Korean food! I also love Malaysia, Japanese, Vietnamese and Indian.

I do have a terrible sweet tooth and I enjoy baking - especially cupcakes.

In the bookstore or library, at which section are we most likely able to find you?
I'm more than likely to be at the craft section - getting inspiration from the sewing books! Or you may find me in the travel section dreaming of my next holiday.

Share with us 3 interesting facts about yourself
- I'm oldest of three and my youngest brother is eleven years younger than me.
- I used to have a pet ferret called Morrie, I bought him when I was at university. But when I started working full time I used to feel bad for him as I couldn't hang out with him much so I contacted a ferret protection group that found him a home with a family that had three other ferrets so he wouldn't be lonely any more.
- I am a public servant, but if I could turn back time I would most likely do an apprenticeship to become a hairdresser.
***

Recorded on Jun 15, 2013.

3 comments:

  1. Yah!! Thanks for the blog love :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice name and the photo too :) Another great feature Juanita! You are just so lucky to have met all these beautiful and great women.

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)