Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Friendly Feature: Lucent Imagery

Lucent Imagery
Still considering it one of my most unique blogs to discover and read, I was introduced to Lucent Imagery by my sister-in-law via the Cooking Club. The tagline "A legally blind photographer's journal" says it all. Lucent's photography is always captivating, and her words articulate. I find myself empathising and in agreement with her expressed thoughts. She reminds me to stay true to myself. I am hoping that we will get to meet one day, to walk and chat. Please meet Lucent Imagery:

***
Tell us when you started blogging, and why.
I often resist new online or gadget things for a long time until I can see their value in my life, so I tend to adopt the trends well after everyone else! I started blogging in late 2009 as a way of exploring my photography and connecting with loved ones and like-minded people. It has become an important pursuit for me to be creative, write, connect, articulate and share emotional journeys. I’m also honoured when my thoughts are helping others. The people I’ve met virtually and in person are wonderful, precious additions to my life.

How do you like to spend your weekends?
Walking with my husband and dog. Taking photos. A meal in a cool café. Lying under the shade of a tree, reading, snoozing and chatting. Going to the movies or a special event. Making breakfast for my husband while he enjoys a sleep in. Catching up with loved ones. (I do all the housework during the week so our weekends feel very relaxing, free and luxurious).

Do you have a favourite dish / cuisine / style of cooking?
I like Italian, French, Mexican, Japanese... but at the moment I’m even more inspired by vegetables and eating local, in-season fresh produce. Since last year I’ve been gluten-free by necessity 99% of the time and only indulge in a good quality treat occasionally like a croissant. I’m on a project to cook every recipe in one book – I’m on the home straight and already considering which book I will do next! Each cookbook on my shelf is going to have to earn its keep.

In the bookstore or library, at which section are we most likely able to find you?
The only hardcopies of books I consider buying these days are cookbooks or the occasional special interest or coffee table book. So… in the food, travel and photography sections. On my kindle is mostly books about food, travel, health, happiness, urban life, biographies and minimalism. I sometimes read those kinds of books you feel one “should” read to be informed about the world, but I prefer to focus on positive, inspiring reading.

Share with us 3 interesting facts about yourself.
I still don’t own a smart phone and am holding out for as long as my trusty old simple phone will keep on keeping on! I am not active on any other social media and only interact via blogging and email.

I have “intelligent” crushes on middle-aged English men who with the use of eloquent words evoke enthusiasm and inspiration about their passions e.g. Monty Don!

I’m a private person online when it comes to details of my life and achievements etc. But I also love connecting with like-minded and kind humans, so it’s a delicate balance to maintain.

May we know what your profession or occupation is?
I’ve held a few titles that through hard work opened up unique worlds and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Currently I count my role in the home as my first priority – keeping my husband, myself and my dog happy and healthy - and I make sure nothing else affects that or time with our parents and loved ones. After that comes my involvement with events, urban initiatives and connecting people.

***

The Lucent Imagery blog, http://www.lucentimagery.com/

Recorded on Jun 22, 2013

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me, and for your kind words Juanita! And in the interests of full disclosure, since completing your questions I have now started to trial a smart phone. Will I or won't I fall down the rabbit hole!!!? :)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)