Thursday, July 4, 2013

Friendly Feature: The Curious Cat - Lauren

The Curious Cat
Don't remember how I met Lauren, but with a blog name 'The Curious Cat,' for sure I was going to stick around to find out more. I'm glad I did, as I enjoy learning about the adventures she gets up to. Seeing how Bristol used to be her hangout, when I was given the opportunity to visit that town in Oct'12, I knew I had the right person to get restaurant recommendations from. Even though we didn't get to meet in Bristol (she had just moved to Spain), our brief chat in facebook let me feel she was personally guiding me around town. Please meet The Curious Cat:

***
Tell us when you started blogging, and why.
I started blogging because I wanted to get into the habit of writing more regularly and to encourage my fictional work. This worked for a spell but then petered off. I've always kept a diary however and so I just kept going... I like having the space to express myself and to record little moments of my life.

How do you like to spend your weekends?
They vary quite a lot but the average weekend in Tarragona starts with a cup of tea and a shower, followed by the weekly food shop and cleaning the house. In the afternoon I might go for a walk down to the beach and in the evening I meet friends for dinner or to go out dancing. Sunday is usually very lazy and the day always ends with a roast dinner. It is simple but relaxing.

Do you have a favourite dish / cuisine / style of cooking?
My favourite dish is spag bol - I think a lot of people will agree with me on that one - but I enjoy all kinds of pasta dishes. I like to mix things up and do nice salads, marinated meats and vegetable and cheese tarts. I'm always looking for new inspiration.

In the bookstore or library, at which section are we most likely able to find you?
Probably in the travel guide section dreaming about other places I want to visit or in the kids section admiring all the lovely illustrated books.

Share with us 3 interesting facts about yourself.
Erm...
I'm obsessed with cats and zombies...
I love drawing and doodling
Besides the UK I've lived in the US, Brazil, Peru, France and Spain...I want to add to this list!

May we know what your profession or occupation is?
I'm an EFL teacher.
***

P.S. That sushi place, Obento, was really good and I still remember it. Thanks for the recommendation, Lauren!

Recorded on Jun 01, 2013

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this hun! It's a really nice idea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I should write about you sometime! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren! Nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)