Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Friendly Feature: Annuk Creations - Anna

Anna of Annuk Creations
I might have stumbled upon Annuk Creations on another blog that shared the common interest of crafts or cats, or both! Anna once hosted a cat party on her blog, to which Fluffy and Pickle were honoured to partake. When The Hubs and I toyed with the idea of taking a year-end holiday in the Mediterranean in 2012, and because the sunny images of these travel destinations on Anna's blog left such an impression, I was compelled to email 'Annuk Creations' (didn't know her name, at that time). We chat about other things, since. Please meet my fellow eclectic Libra friend, Anna:

***
Tell us when you started blogging, and why.
It all started a month after I opened my Etsy shop (that was January 1st, 2010). Before then I had no idea about "what" a blog really was and why I should start one :) Then I saw that other people selling on Etsy had a blog, where they shared their latest creations and their inspiration. When my cousin and best friend Sylvia told me I should start a blog so as to share my creative inspiration with the world, I thought: "Why not?". To be honest, I had no idea back then how my blog would develop and if I would ever have even one reader! :) But slowly I got hooked! Starting from just showing my latest pieces and sharing "Etsy treasuries", I developed my very own style, and what had started as a mostly creative blog and a way for promoting my Etsy shop, turned into a whole new adventure! Now I really really love my blog... It's my very own "creature" and I love sharing my world through it! I see it as my "colorful little island".
As I say in my "blog statement", my blog is about sharing my colorful world, my sources of inspiration and all what fuels my imagination... Islands and kitties, beauty and art, nature and love, and creative souls who inspire me!
I have met lots of awesome and inspiring people through my blog, and I'm so thankful for that.

How do you like to spend your weekends?
I love spending my weekends in nature and in my beloved mountains! My mom has a little house in the foothills of the Alps, and I get to spend lots of very inspiring time walking in the woods, admiring wonderful landscapes and breathing in fantastic air.

Do you have a favourite dish / cuisine / style of cooking?
Well, I will tell you I'm not much of a "cook", LOL! But I do love eating all kinds of food (except meat, I'm a vegetarian). I especially love pasta, cheese, salads and... our world famous pizza! My favourite cuisine is Italian and Mediterranean in general :)

In the bookstore or library, at which section are we most likely able to find you?
In a bookstore or library, you will most likely find me in the cats section, in the travel section or in the nature section! And if you don't find me in one of these, be sure you will find me hooked by some creative book about jewelry making or other creative techniques (which I love incorporating into jewelry).

Share with us 3 interesting facts about yourself.
- I am half Italian and half German, and I grew up bilingual... which started my love for languages!
- I adore CATS!
- I'm not on Facebook (honest).

May we know what your profession or occupation is?
I am a language teacher, and dreaming about making my creative passion my fulltime job :)
***

P.S. I didn't make get to holiday in the Mediterranean, in the end. But I can always look at Anna's pictures.

Recorded on June 01, 2013

6 comments:

  1. Juanita, you are such a sweetheart!!! THANK YOU!!! :D
    And big kisses to Fluffy and Pickle! From Zoe too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Thank you for your time for this interview :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Anna! More than her talent, I was actually more mesmerized when she mentioned her mom's house. House in the foothills of the Alps, she is just so lucky!!

    Good luck to Anna and another mission accomplished for you Juanita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Anna! :) I love the idea of having a house in the Alps! :D That sounds like a dream to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice feature from the heart. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely feature on a lovely person and a very talented jewelry maker!!! Love from Greece, Maria

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)