Friday, June 21, 2013

TED Global 2013, Edinburgh, Scotland






June 10-13 2013. It was our first time as TED Speaker and Attendee. As "TED virgins", being in the auditorium is a different experience than watching the talks and entertainment on-screen.

I looked forward to each session; enjoyed tea and nice food during breaks and applauding with the crowd; and my favourite: getting into the green room and feeling the excitement before the talk.

We concluded that this TED conference was highly entertaining and enjoyable (also mind-blowing, for me), and the spirit of it all represented what we like about the United States -- the innovative bright ideas and the rallying spirit of hope and optimism.


6 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed (both TED and my old haunts in Edinburgh). When you're back we'll have to go try and go together to TEDx Zürich - whilst not as high profile speakers I've found it really inspiring the last 2 years. This year is going so fast (must be a sign of getting older.....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been a great experience, and exciting to talk about Lin's worthwhile project. It was very interesting to learn more about what he has achieved.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! I'd love to go to a Ted talk! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Is that your husband speaking? Wow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great achievement! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great experience! :) Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)