Sunday, June 9, 2013

Let's Walk to the Post Office

Taking this pavement, we walk past various houses to the end of the road. I really appreciate having a pavement; much of this area won't have walkways.


12 to 15 minutes later, we're at the post office.

It's a one-woman show, this little post office. Two, on a busy weekend. It doesn't close for lunch.


Heading back, this is a little church along the street. Doesn't chime on the hour, or quarter-hour, like they do in Switzerland.


There will always be that barking dog a few houses down. He sees us, but we don't see him. (I never looked, anyway.) He'll stop barking once we're a house away. Anyway, this is home!

The images above were taken in early April. Don't let the sunshine fool you. Later in May:



The gas & electric company has been really busy on this street. There's always something going on with the power line or telephone pole, until now... Roadblocks aplenty!

7 comments:

  1. Great and refreshing place! For some reason, I love the post office too. I had great childhood memories personally sending my letters.

    I love pavements and pathways, especially if it is surrounded by pieces of greeneries and all the work of nature. It's so relaxing and rarely I see them in the city.

    Great post Juanita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post office looks so cute compared to mine - although I guess mine is an inner city post office so what can you expect right? You live in such a lovely area :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the clock doesn't repeatedly chime throughout the day, then how does one know what time it is?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing more of your surroundings with us! I find is so interesting it must been quite a contrast to Switzerland.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when I am able to walk to things! And such nice surroundings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah am so jealous that you live in the US - I love the scenery! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)