Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Friendly Feature: Sandra - Zsazsazsu

Sandra and her knitting companions :)
Sandra first contacted me via Etsy, I believe. Our conversation started with a little bit about herself and her Swiss-inspired names for her cats, and we haven't stopped chatting since. We met in person in Oct 2011, when I visited Brussels and took the day out to see her in her coastal town. Having weak retinas and eye troubles herself, Sandra holds my hand virtually as I lament to her about mine. Please meet the warm Sandra:

***
Tell us when you started blogging, and why.
I started blogging, OK, let's check my archive ... June 2009! I just posted my 799th post. Why? Because I want to share what I learn and make ... and to be honest? I love the comments ;-).

How do you like to spend your weekends?
Saturday is mostly cleaning, shopping for groceries, ironing ... well all the things that have to be done in a household. I also sometimes work on Saturday afternoon. On Sunday, mostly crocheting, knitting, crafting, blogging,walking etc ... all things with 'ing', but in a relax'ing' way.

Do you have a favourite dish / cuisine / style of cooking?
Next to crafting, I love to cook! Nearly every style or cuisine. I love to try. I read a cookbook the way I read a novel from a to z.

In the bookstore or library, at which section are we most likely able to find you?
Way to many interests, so I can't pass one without entering. Depends on the mood and time I have to spend where you can find me in the bookstore: but I don't step out before catching a glimpse at the cookbooks section, the gardening, the new novels, photo books, crafting, the 'dummies' section.

Share with us 3 interesting facts about yourself.
That's a hard one... interesting me? I don't think so.
To answer on her behalf: 1- Sandra does such intricate crochet crafts; 2- With a long experience in the travel industry, Sandra has in-depth knowledge about travel; 3- I like the way she said she reads a cookbook from a to z!

May we know what your profession or occupation is?
I work at a cultural center, coordinate events in my hometown, update the website about all the events that take place in my hometown, sell tickets for all the events in the cultural center etc...
***

Sandra has been really busy with her job, so I really appreciate her taking the time to entertain my questions!

Recorded on May 26, 2013.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I LOVE her work! Thanks for introducing Sandra to us. I'm having cat envy again! :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day, when you find the right cat or cats... :)

      Delete
  2. That is one large cat there...is it a Maine coon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pussy cat is quite a forest cat! :D

      Delete
  3. Nice to see Sandra on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has Frequent Flyer miles on my blog, come to think of it.

      Delete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)