Monday, June 17, 2013

Friendly Feature: Kathleen - Amen Designs and Crafty Missus D

Kathleen
A few years ago, while stalking the Etsy Germany Street Team, I came across a CraftyMissusD. Seeing how we were both Singaporean transplants in German-speaking countries, another team member formally introduced me to Kathleen. I stuck around her blog ever since. We met in person and got to hang out in Munich, for 2 days, in October 2012. Please meet my fellow crafty Singapore export, Kathleen:

***
Tell us when you started blogging, and why.
I started blogging in September 2009. We had started life in Germany and I had started taking crafting more seriously.

How do you like to spend your weekends?
Weekends are great for being socially active. Church is a consistent part of Sundays and living in Bristol, there is always an event happening.

Do you have a favourite dish / cuisine / style of cooking?
There is never just a favourite dish. I tend to prefer Italian and South East Asian food. My husband's grandmother's lasagne is my favourite. My first meal with my parents whenever I return home is always fish head curry. When I go to Kuala Lumpur, I love to eat assam laksa at Little Penang in KLCC shopping centre. I love food!

In the bookstore or library, at which section are we most likely able to find you?
I can be found flitting through many sections. I love to browse through crochet, interior design, architecture and gossip (gasp) magazines at the magazine section. If you don't find me there, I could be at the fiction section. If you still don't find me there, then try the architecture and graphic design section. If you still can't find me, I'd probably gone reading a book and don't want to be disturbed.

Share with us 3 interesting facts about yourself.
Facts, yes. Interesting, I'm not so sure. I talk to my plants. I found out that Juanita and I went to the same junior college in Singapore. I can talk at length and in depth as to how the perfect coffee should be prepared and taste like, but I do not know how to make it or drink it. And my new friends think it's ridiculous and funny. They just don't know that my friends and husband are discerning coffee drinkers.

May we know what your profession or occupation is?
I'm really a professional dreamer and student. I'm always preoccupied with how things are constructed, and that is why I studied architecture and later, developed a passion for amigurumi (crocheted stuffed toys). Currently, I am founder and owner of www.amendesigns.com, a website selling ready-to-download typographical designs. I also love crafting and enjoy sharing some of my DIY tutorials on my blog, www.missusd.com
***

When I wrote to Kathleen about this 'Friendly Feature', she proposed a mutual exchange, to which I agreed. Here are my answers -- Thank you, Kat!

P.S. When we met in Munich, Kathleen gave me a bunch of delicious fabric to play with. Yay, more dresses for me!

Recorded on May 27, 2013.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen! :)
    I loved getting to know a bit more about you, and the idea with the exchange was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog!
    Now following!!
    Looking forward to keeping up and getting to know you :)

    I also have a blog design site, if you need a custom blog design check it out :)Christinaloranedesigns.blogspot.com

    xo
    christina
    pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see people meet across the world! :)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)