Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Friendly Feature: Jasmin

Jasmin
There wouldn't be a Juanita Tortilla dot com if not for Jasmin. We go way back, being in the same Primary school, and hung out profusely as we studied for the same major in Singapore accompanied by lots of coffee and carbs. In 2004, Jasmin bought me the web domain, and under her influence, I shared my monologues with the world. But why stop at online rambling -- she also encouraged me to teach myself to knit, set up shop and sell my wares. Please met my pal, Jasmin:

***
Tell us when you started blogging, and why.
I had an online journal years before they started calling it "blogging" and any kind of streamlined publishing platform existed. (This was back when the dinosaurs still crawled the earth, obviously.) It was mostly an emotional dump for angsty, college-aged thoughts, lovingly crafted in hand-coded HTML. When Wordpress emerged circa 2005, I started a knitting blog, now defunct, to keep track of my myriad projects.

How do you like to spend your weekends?
Hanging out with my family, mostly. Having a four-year-old means we live practically at various museums, playgrounds, and bookstores. Last weekend we watched a live performance of "The True Story of the Three Pigs" and then had blueberry pancakes at our neighborhood diner for dinner.

Do you have a favourite dish / cuisine / style of cooking?
I grew up in Singapore so I'm partial to Asian and Southeast Asian foods, which I try to replicate with varying degrees of success. Japanese is my go-to takeout cuisine—tofu teriyaki, agedashi tofu, and tamago sushi are particular favorites.

In the bookstore or library, at which section are we most likely able to find you?
I'll be flitting between the children's section, cooking/crafts, and science fiction.

Share with us 3 interesting facts about yourself.
I need more sleep than the average person, I have a degree in animal biology that I never use, and I collect books about haunted houses.

May we know what your profession or occupation is?
I'm the managing editor of Ecouterre.com, a website about ethical and sustainable fashion.
***

Needless to say, Jasmin is mum to Juanita Tortilla's Youngest Fan.

Recorded on May 23, 2013.

4 comments:

  1. Jasmin is so pretty!!! I guess being a happy and contented woman radiates her inner beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jasmin! Nice to meet you! :)
    I do agree with Diane... Jasmin is very pretty and she radiates her inner beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jasmin! Nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Jasmin for introducing you to the www! :)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)