Friday, June 28, 2013

Friendly Feature: Janet - Janet Saw Designs

In Feb'10, a girl named Janet contacted me on Etsy. (Had to check my Etsy Conversations -- I don't have that good a memory.) Was I glad she did. Janet was heading for Zurich. Our first meet-up was in the Starbucks at Oerlikon! In our subsequent meet-ups, we'd seek out crafty things in the Brocki or simply have lunch in the city at our favourite Manor "food court". It was fun having a crafty companion in Zurich. Please meet my fellow purple fan, Janet:

***
Tell us when you started blogging, and why.
I started way back in 2005, but back then, my blog was more a diary with daily ramblings and complaints. I was a young adult at the time, and very emotional. In late 2009, I started a blog for my crafting activities, and that blog still exists today. I began by blogging only about crafts I worked on, but then I started to include bits of everything else in my life. I confess that I am no longer a regular blogger and I only craft when the mood strikes me (not very often these days!).

How do you like to spend your weekends?
At the moment, with German classes running on weekdays, I prefer a quiet weekend. We, hubs and I, pop out for a brief moment to shop for the latest plush toy on my wishlist, then perhaps go for a movie, but otherwise we like to enjoy our weekends at home, perhaps in front of our computers.

Do you have a favourite dish / cuisine / style of cooking?
Oh, I'm not even close to being able to call myself a good cook. I like simple. The simpler the better, and more time will be saved. The only food I ever made from scratch are cupcakes and vegetable gratin.

In the bookstore or library, at which section are we most likely able to find you?
That would be the crafts section, of course! I love being inspired by craft books! I have my own mini library of them at home.

Share with us 3 interesting facts about yourself.
Hm, let's see...
(1) The colour purple is a passion, not just a favourite. I'm known as the purple girl in German class.
(2) I collect dolls, figures and plush toys. This hobby has resurfaced recently. I believe, the older I get, the more child-like I become.
(3) I need complete silence in order to fall asleep. It has not been easy with our noisy upstairs neighbours. I was too used to the quiet in Melbourne.

May we know what your profession or occupation is?
I used to be in IT and graphic design, but I gave it up when it became boring. The idea of a full-time job is no longer appealing since I know I get bored too easily. Now I'm just a crafter enjoying the life I was given.
***

Another fun fact: Janet really loves rodents, too, and is an excellent caregiver to her pets.

Recorded on May 29, 2013.

3 comments:

  1. Love finding little details about people! I really wish that I didn't have to work full time would love more time to do my own thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great feature Juanita! I love Janet's outfit in the photo. Work in the IT industry is very promising these days but when she decided to gave up her job, the more I admired her. It takes a lot of courage to leave your comfort zone and pursue your passion.

    Hope you are having a great weekend Juanita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, thanks for posting my feature, Juanita! :D
    Thanks also Megan and Diane.. I think this is a big flaw of mine, I give up very quickly.

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)