Thursday, May 30, 2013

Wardrobe Refashion: Jersey Knit Colour Block Dress

1 blue jersey dress that I grew less fond of
+ 1 Purple jersey tunic that I'd like to wear more often
= 1 Jersey Knit Color Block Dress.

What I found difficulty was: matching a wider Purple bodice to a narrower Blue skirt bottom. Then, the little voice inside my head said, "How would you sew elastic bands?" 
We stretch!

Fear of Sewing Jersey Knits: 0 - Me: 1

Another plus point was tackling my first "fear" of adjusting the Differential Feed (DF) of the serger. Jersey knits do not like to be treated as a "normal" weaved fabric -- they are class of their own, apparently.

The question to you, my dear friend, is:

8 comments:

  1. One of my biggest wishes is to learn how to rock a sewing machine and then learn how to make my own clothes. The dress looks good. And comfy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative, Juanita! Love your new dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This deserves a feature in a fashion magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, I would have made such a mess of it! A simple wide belt of a different colour (yellow maybe) or a bow would look pretty on your dress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't remember it was all purple!!! :D
    If I were you, I'd use a different top for the leftovers, just a change of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After all you now have one good pieces instead of 2 wrong pieces. So just drop the other halves :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job!!
    The other combination looks like a ballet outfit. XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great refashion! The dress looks very cute and comfy. Great step-by-step photos. It's amazing how easy it can be to change something unwearable into something so fun.

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)