Saturday, May 18, 2013

US Diary 14: Cape May, May.03.2013

We began Week 14 by stealing the Friday off to drive to the southern coast of New Jersey, otherwise known as Cape May. It is about 2.5 hours away. The Hubs was lured by the prospect of seafood; I was just happy to be out on the road and seeing a new place.

Sounding repetitive: it is off-season and the resort was quiet. We did have the obligatory overeating of seafood, but I was quite disappointed with my cold mayonnaise crab salad. Also, The Hubs didn't feel too well after his battered oysters.

I say it is enough with the seafood and cold windy beaches, for now. Onward to other sights! If you have New Jersey pretty landscapes to recommend, I'm all ears.

5 comments:

  1. The sky,sea and sand looks so vast and empty! I prefer being by the sea out of season. What a shame your dream of seafood did not match the reality!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. B E A U T I F U L !!!!!!!!! I love enjoying places off-season! Rhodes is so beautiful too without the tourists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....that beach looks ace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seafood is always a gamble isn't it? I stick to the basics of only prawn and fish if I have to. I'm no seafood junkie :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beach looks amazing though! :)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)