Saturday, March 23, 2013

I Can Haz Craft Room? How Exciting!

The 8-week wait is over; I now have all my worldly possessions junk and a sewing room. It feels strange to call it a sewing room, because it has always been Fluffy's room.

Sewing Room, Mar.22.13
Before: as soon as the boxes arrived, all I wanted to do was get rid of the carton.
After: by moving the desk to the window and leaning the bed to the side, it immediately opened up the room. Yay, more space!

Sewing desk
I thought it just made perfect sense to work in natural light. Pickle will be sharing the desk with me to bird-watch and test-driving the machines that I bought online... (Curtains and funishing came with the house.)

Wall shelf of random things (mouse-over notes)
The solid wooden planks on this shelf have aged really well. How about that boombox? I won it on eBay as the only bidder -- don't people listen to CDs anymore? And I know, my display lacks finesse. But it's only temporary.

mosaic
Everything has been put in its place. Now, the next part is to start crafting and messing it all up. I have no idea what I will do as my first New Jersey project; I just know I don't need to buy more stuff.

And you know what? Who's that lucky person that won this 4-yard fabric on Erika Made It's giveaway?

Me. Thanks so much, Erika! I still can't believe it. What shall I make with it?!?  :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh I am SO JEALOUS you have a craft room - I wish I had one!! I look forward to seeing what you make first and that fabric is lovely xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I like your room very much... and how lucky are you to win that fabric! :D
    I now want to see what you start making with your fabric stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to having a craft room! Love the desk flooded with natural light, and all that storage space...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the thught of having a craft room! As if that is happening in Singapore with the houses being so smal and expensive! :P It looks really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Juanita! I don't know if my first comment was posted. Anyway, I love your working space there. Perfect! The view and the window are just so perfect :) Enjoy working.

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)