Monday, January 21, 2013

Silk Yarn Sweater Dress

11.01.13 Silk Yarn dress Side A
Side A : Silk Yarn sweater dress
11.01.13 Silk Yarn dress Side B
Side B : Silk Yarn sweater dress
11.01.13 Silk Yarn dress
Irregularities : Silk Yarn sweater dress
11.01.13 Silk Yarn dress
Rainbow patches : Silk Yarn sweater dress
11.01.13 Silk Yarn Remainder
The Remainder : Silk Yarn sweater dress
It was a Friday morning. Instead of spending my usual morning idling at the computer, I rushed to cast off this sweater dress; I was that eager to put it on! It was only when I took a few steps back to photograph it that I realised: this dress is crazy psychedelic. Oops?

But you know what? I love it. I loved wearing it, in all its craziness and silky smoothness. It made all the time spent choosing the yarn, in Kathmandu, worth it.

I wish now to have bought more yarn, but alas, I only had a backpack.
Frivolous shopping in Nepal
In fact, I bought a 3rd skein of silk yarn as insurance -- I wanted to make a pullover out of it, but the third skein allowed me to make a dress. This dress hits above my knees, and the sleeves at my elbows. It's baggy,  and that means I can eat as much as I want.

Notes
Pattern: A gross modification of http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEdf10/PATTmothed.php
Yarn: Handspun silk yarn from Nepal, 300gram x 3 skeins.
Needles: #5 circular needles and DPN for the sleeves.

6 comments:

  1. You made that blouse by yourself!!! You're awesome Juanita :) I learned how to crochet but to knit and make a piece of clothing.. nada for me haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! You are fantastic! That sweater is really nice. Wish I could knit! Right now I am fighting with my needles doing a pair of baby booties!
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beautiful! I love the bright colours, but where is the modeling photo?:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is crazy, but girl I love crazy! I want to see you in that dress as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I can only imagine how soft this dress must feel against the skin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. waw just with these 3 skeins ? Great work !

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)