Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fluffyhaus BnB is Closed

05.01.13 The furniture purge has begun. Good Saturday morning!
I call our little home Fluffyhaus BnB. We have hosted many visiting guests often, which I enjoy. As for Fluffyhaus? It is a fluffy house of fluffy cats. On 05.January, we said bye to our last guests and started the furniture purge. (We are not taking any furnishing with us.) Pickle was of great help, of course.

12.01.13 mini Brockiland
My craft attic turned into a "gallery" of things that others might find useful. It's going to be a fun 'tag' party for friends.

13.01.13
After weeks of de-cluttering and deliberation, we finally decided on going with a moving company. This means we will not need to impose on our neighbours and friends with storage! This also means the JuanitaTortilla shop is closed... We will be living out of our suitcases and eating out of our cupboards... Waiting for shipping companies to do their magic when the men come to pick the boxes up next Friday... And to wait some more to restart life from scratch.

On hindsight, the de-cluttering helped in keeping the box numbers well below 20, between us two.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Juanita! Call me weird but I love the identical colored boxes. Everything looks so organized.

    Good luck Juanita! Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my it is all happening at your house! I am so impressed with 20 boxes, I think I would need 20 boxes just to myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on all the great work! Wow... less than 20 moving boxes... that's an accomplishment!!! And I do agree with Diane: everything looks so organized :) Hehe I could well use some of your stuff from your craft attic ;) Pickle doesn't seem impressed at all by all the changes, I'm sure she will be ok!
    Wishing you all the best, Juanita!!!!
    Kiss Pickle and Fluffy for me, and do keep in touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your move! Looking forward to reading about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the move! I empathize--I've had to do the 'pack up and move to a different country' experience twice, and it's never easy... All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. seems like you're going to be really busy :) congrats with all your accomplishments and all the best with your move! what a great start for the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder what you will call your next home?! I love the name! Best of luck with the move! (Loved your comment on the shopping post. I agree that you could enlist the help of girlfriends too and conquer the habits together)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the move! I think it's a wise move to go with a moving company.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Juanita
    20 boxes is BRILLIANT !! Well done. When are you leaving? Shame we never met in person...
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm confused! What is happening? Are you leaving for the US? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you aren't finding it too difficult living out of suitcases. When do you leave?
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)