Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Liebster Award

This is a very long one. Rubenesque Smoothie tagged me early in December for The Liebster Award. I like how this award is designed for the underdogs. Go Team Underdog!
About the Liebster Blog Award: It’s an award that was reputedly started in Germany in order to give smaller bloggers recognition for their hard work. You receive this award from a fellow blogger that feels your blog is both worthy & important to them. The rules: Post 11 facts about yourself. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 questions. Nominate 11 people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
Eleven questions from Rubenesque Smoothie:
1. If you could dress only in fashions from one decade, which one would it be?
1960s-70s hippie.
2. If you had to create a whole new blog, what would you write about?
It would be a blog with no words at all. An image or sketch a day. Sounds like Instagram.
3. What is your favorite book and movie?
Don't have a favourite book, but I have a few favourite movies. Before Sunset is one of them.
4. If you had to participate in a food eating contest, which food would you choose?
Buffalo drumsticks.
5. Why do you blog?
I ask myself that all the time. To keep me entertained, I guess.
6. What is one thing you do every day, no matter what?
Eat chocolate and chips. My day is not complete without some chocolate followed by the crunch of salty crispy chips. Also in reverse order. It can be a vicious cycle.
7. Do you inspire others? If so, how?
You tell me. I'm hardly aware of that.
8. What always makes you laugh?
Silly cats!
9. Is there a trend you love but are afraid to try?
Whatever that is currently trending -- I live in my own world too much to know what's out there.
10. If you take a trip in the next 6 months, where would you go?
All over the USA.
11. What is your dream profession?
For the moment, a cheerful shopkeeper selling my own products from a studio, and/or run a bed-and-breakfast, and/or cat hotel, and/or cafe that allows cats. At times I do seem to be running a mini shop /  B&B / cat cafe in reality. OK, seriously? Something that lets me travel to all the smallest corners of the world, not just urban cities.

Eleven facts about myself:
1. I'd like to think standard IQ tests are not fair.
2. When it comes to cats, I am a catist, in that I prefer long-haired ones. Sorry!
3. I need a proper 7-8-hour-sleep every night. Any less and I am a werewolf.
4. I can spend 4 consecutive days without stepping out of the apartment. That does not sound healthy, but I stay busy. Next to Fluffy and Pickle, I am the third indoor cat, only requiring a bit of 'people time' just once a week.
5. No games or team sports for me, thanks!
6. Most of the time, after slapping on makeup, I think I look worse than without. Sometimes, it makes no difference at all and I feel defeated.
7. The last time I wore lipstick was in 2008.
8. I wear flat shoes.
9. I enjoy long walks.
10. I can't dance.
11. My Mandarin name means 'diamond' and 'jade'. Therefore, I have a heart of stone.

Eleven questions I would like to ask you:
1. What are you looking forward to, in this new year?
2. What is the best gift someone can give you?
3. What did you aspire to be when you were younger?
4. What was your most dramatic hairstyle?
5. You have a free travel ticket. Where would you like to go and what will you do?
6. How do spend your weekends?
7. What do you see yourself doing in 5 years' time?
8. How do you like to spend time with your friends?
9. Is your blog different from the rest? How so?
10. In the parallel universe, who and what is your alter ego like?
11. Never say never. What did you say 'never' to but now find (or have found) yourself happily guilty of?

11 Nominees!
There are so many top dogs in my blog reading list, but these are the cool underdogs that I would like to tag:
The Curious Cat: I ought to thank this Curious Cat too, for providing me some eating spots in Bristol. That probably deserves a blog post.
Diane Writes: 'Met' Diane through another Diane. She suggested that I come up with a link part for 'goals of 2013'. What say you?
Della Grace's Life: Because she is such an ace student, and will refer to kids as kids (baby goats).
A Garden Just Outside Venice: I know she doesn't want to be tagged, but, I couldn't help it.
JanetSaw: She's a well-deserving friend, and she'd enjoy this tag. I hope!
A couple of crafty mums living in Switzerland: Made in Suisse and Swiss Side Jewellery
Rubenesque Smoothie: Not a tag back or just because she was my swap Santa, but I think she's awesome in her own right.
... couldn't make it to 11 nominees, sorry!

11 comments:

  1. Oh yay! Thank you for nominating me, I'll enjoy writing this up. I don't have any other blogger to nominate.. I think I mainly stalk bloggers but never know them personally.

    I had a lot of fun reading your answers and facts :D I can relate to spending days alone indoors without stepping outside. I've do that a lot! I can't get into lipstick either... perhaps I've been trying all the wrong brands. I also wonder why I blog.. After I post an entry, I just end up feeling stupid. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well deserved award, Juanita! :)
    Reading your answers and the facts about you I realize we have so MANY things in common! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Juanita! Thank you for nominating me. You brightened up my gloomy day :) (though it's 9:55 pm here already haha) I will make my own post soon. Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Juanita

    Many, many thanks for nominating me! And congrats on your own award. Was laughing out loud at your answers...
    Happy New Year to you.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You have a lovely, and very varied blog. And I like 'diamond' and 'jade' as names! Perhaps stoney, but also precious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Juanita! Here's my acceptance post hahaha
    http://dianewantstowrite.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-second-time-around.html

    Btw, I'm considering co-hosting the 13 for 2013, linky party. I noticed that you have placed an icon in your sidebar. Shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a fun post! Hope you can stop by again soon and see the cat I made! I know you love cats! Happy holidays my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award! i enjoyed reading your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun post! I love the idea of a cat friendly hotel/cafe. Do it!!!

    Happy New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Many congrats on your award my little Hippie :)
    And thank you for my nominee :P !
    This year I'm looking forward to apply for a new job, hopefully soon...which is what I aspired to be when I was younger (question 1 and 3 sorted out :)
    My most dramatic (horrible) hairstyle was perm at the age of 12..I still have pictures of myself in Vienna to witness that offense to my straight hair :D

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)