Sunday, December 30, 2012

Living With Less: Wardrobe Downside Phase 3

27.Dec.12 Second load of textile dumping 27.Dec.12 27.12.12

Closing this year with Phase 3 of Wardrobe Downsize. Early this month, I grabbed the largest shopping bag I could find and tried to fill it with as many I-can-live-without-this items as possible.

Side story: As soon as opened up the plastic bag, Pickle thought it was play time and jumped into it, running around in circles like a crazy cat. I realised then that I could fit 4 to 6 Pickles in that bag. I was going to have fun decluttering.

Not just clothings this time -- I included 12 belts, many, many bags, and some hats as an afterthought. It's a fill-up-the-bag game, right?

To be honest, I was hesitant about getting rid of these items and suddenly felt sentimental about some of the things. But when the lid of the bin flipped, there was no turning back! That's alright, I need to travel lighter and can live with less.

And guess what, I have closed in on my target of 100 pieces in my wardrobe!

11 comments:

  1. Good for you for being able to part with pieces from your wardrobe! It does feel liberating to let go, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you! I bet that feels good. I aim to slim down my wardrobe next year (by losing some weight and getting rid of all my 'fat clothes')! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you! :D Job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Live with Less!" I love that Juanita. It's also my self imposed tradition to declutter before the year ends. It's great to have a wider space and pass on things to those who needed it most.

    Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny Pickle ! Good job, Juanita ! Indeed ... we all can live with less !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your reached target, Juanita! It must feel like you are "lighter", great feeling! And Pickle had fun too! :D
    I need to start too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh! I try to do this all the time! But every time I go through my closet I think I may wear that one day!! But then I keep shopping too, so I have absolutely no room anymore to fit any new cloths in! Maybe ill take this as inspiration and clean out my closet for real!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will welcome you back to the US with open arms! ;) By the way, I know the trip to the donation bin all too well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. woohoo! Love that feeling of getting lighter in physical stuff and mind. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you Juanita! When I lived in Korea I found it so much easier to live with less - but when I returned to NZ and my life became a little more permanent and my wardrobe exploded again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to do this dirty job too...especially with my underwear...formerly black socks and pants no more black....

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)