Monday, November 5, 2012

2.5 years in this room with a view


This maisonette in Maur is by far the best apartment we've lived in, in our 4 years and 6 months in Switzerland. 4.5 years. Where did time go? We enjoyed space, the walks, the lake, and what a view.

Our first 2 years were spent in the city. When we made the choice to move out into the countryside, I thought it was going to be difficult, initially. Two and half years on, we have come to settle into this quiet life.

But feeling settled is a dangerous thing. We just never know where the wind will take us to, next.

Pickle and I are going to take in as much as we can of the lovely views, each day. It has never failed to impress us, from this apartment's windows.

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful view! I am quite jealous and also you were right about the fabric of the skirt, I bought it when I went shopping with Chloe:) One day the three of us should meet up in Singapore:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand how you feel, the 9 months we spent in Meilen with our amazng lake view were very special too. The last photo is particularly lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pickle has the best viewing perch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! A view over the lake! That's magical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful neighborhood! I bet it's not that easy not to get attached...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed splendid views ! But they will last forever in your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is beautiful! It must be gorgeous watching the seasonal changes, something that is not nearly as dramatic here in Australia. Snow! I love looking at photos of snow as our summer heat starts to kick in. Makes me feel cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing view to look out on every day!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow such a beautiful view!! especially when there's snow :) thanks for sharing the lovely photos. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable!!! Thank you for such great post!

    Welcome to my blog!
    http://lavenderloafers.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's quite a view! Lucky you. And pickles and fluffy and the gor of course.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would you like to follow each other? :) let me know:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty...switzerland is divine in its beauty though...I'll never forget the one and only time we drove through it at 5am in the morning on the way to Italy when I was 14...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do wish I could live in the outskirts like you have in Maur. I like the quiet kind of life too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a amazing view! you are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous view, how lovely to see the change of seasons from the comfort of your window! And 'feeling settled is a dangerous thing', oh how true x

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)