Saturday, October 20, 2012

Munich Day 2, 08 Oct 2012

08.10.12
Marienplatz ¦ waiting for the figurines to move at 12noon
I wasn't alone on my little trip out to Munich city on October 8th 2012 --
there was someone I got to hang out with...

08.10.12 Viktualienmarkt, Munich
Viktualienmarkt
08.10.12
A bakery near / at Viktualienmarkt
Just before taking this picture of the shop's window front, a man came up to me and said,
"Nicht fotografieren!" 
Oops! He caught me in good time.
"Essen," the man said cheekily while walking away.
I would have had one, but it was too close to the lunch hour.

08.10.12 Sushi Sano restaurant, Munich
Lunch at Sushi-sano
Time for Essen, it was, and we had a lovely sushi lunch. That was all mine, by the way.
And to walk off that lunch, New Friend led me around Munich to see some sights.

08.10.12 Odeonsplatz, Munich
Odeonsplatz
08.10.12 Friedensengel, Munich
Friedensengel
08.10.12 Surfing at Prinzregentenstrasse, Munich
Surfing at Prinzregentenstrasse
08.10.12 Japanisches Teehaus, Englisher Garten, Munich
Japanisches Teehaus at Englischer Garten

Not forgoing a cake-and-tea break, of course.
08.10.12 Konditorei Schneller, Munich
Konditorei Schneller
08.10.12 Konditorei Schneller, Munich
Cakes and Chai Tea Latte at Konditorei Schneller

It was an undeniably beautiful Autumn day, that day.
08.10.12 Monopteros, Englischer Garten, Municha>
View from the Monopteros in Englischer Garten
08.10.12 Monopteros, Englischer Garten, Munich
At the Monopteros, Englischer Garten
This was the new friend I met: Kathleen of Missus D!
More about my hostess on Munich Day 3.
Julia of The Spotted Sparrow deserves a huge 'Thank you' for hooking us up.

08.10.12 Monopteros, Englischer Garten, Munich
Monopteros, Englischer Garten
08.10.12 Cafe An Der Uni, Ludwigstrasse, Munich
Hefe-Weissbier at Cafe An Der Uni
We rounded up the afternoon with a Weissbier that was light and sweet,
and Kathleen did a recap of our day's outing on the map.

Map_Munich_08Oct12
The trail of where we went on 08 October 2012.
We covered a lot of ground in just a day!

11 comments:

  1. Woah, can't believe we did so much! Was nice to have you over. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! That sushi looks delish, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos - I have always wanted to see Munich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh this post made me so hungry! I love that I never put on weight when I travel because you always do so much walking that it just slips right off :P Love seeing photos from your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful photos!! looks like you had such an amazing time :) thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Munich and I loved your photos!!! Thank you for the tour! :)
    And for your lovely wishes!!! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I'm so jealous! I'd love to visit Munich :) Thanks so much for the follow too.. I am following back now as well.. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're used to long walks!!! :)
    It's lovely to see there's an interesting town beyond the infamous clichè of the Oktoberfest!
    Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. and surfing in the middle of town ???? Waw ! No need for the sea then ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great. That red japanese tree is stunning! I too am the proud nerd who likes to trace our route on a map at the end of each day walking around new cities when on holidays!!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)