Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It was a Lovely Birthday

13.10.12 mosaic13.10.12 The surprise cake.

My birthday evening was spent with my very sweet neighbours. I walked over to theirs thinking it was going to be a simple Rösti-Raclette dinner. Instead, they threw us a (small / wee) party. Worth the mention is also how as young parents to an infant who did not sleep the night before, Neighbours S and L went through the trouble of decorating and hosting us. Aren't they special?!

The Hubs was also sweet and surprised me with a cake. Cakes aren't rare in our household, but this one came with candles!

Earlier in the day, Hubs and I had lunch at Chopstick in the old town of Zürich -- something we always do on our birthdays, and it was my usual order of the tasty duck noodles. (You should try it.) The day was also made special by the extra treats that friends from Italy and Belgium sent me.

Thank you.


More on Rösti-Raclette, next time.

12 comments:

  1. OMG you where spoiled ! I almost bite in my screen :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, then the cake was courtesy of Dr Pin!
    A lovely party for a VSP!
    (s is for special, you know it, right?!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great day, great food, lovely presents!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! your cake is amazing! Thank you for visiting me the other day. Love your blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. belated happy birthday! that cake looks so yummy :) thanks for sharing these lovely photos.

    Your blog is so inspirational and definitely original. <3
    I really enjoy reading your posts, they made me smile. :) thanks alot for that!

    Let me know if you want us to follow each other,
    I'd love to read more from you and get to know you better :)

    hope you have a fab day hun! ~ XO
    Chriissydollxo's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so happy there, what a lovely party your neighbours organised!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! Happy Birthday! Hope you had a wicked day! Looks like you did! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had a great day - yah for cakes with candles :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday:-)
    Loving the table decorations!Very fancy! Aren't your Belgium earrings lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you had a wonderful time. Got to say, the food, cake and all, looks so delicious, its making me feel very hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you had a happy birthday! It looks like everyone worked to make it special! You sure look happy! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)