Sunday, September 30, 2012

Cooking Club: September: Party Drink

26.09.12 Warm apple cider and cranberry drink
Warm apple cider and cranberry drink

This is my first Cooking Club entry, and this month's theme is Party Drink. I got to thinking about something seasonal. It's autumn, and what's not to love about autumn? The cooler weather, apples, and the smell of cinnamon...

26.09.12 Warm apple cider and cranberry drink
Ingredients ¦ Warm apple cider and cranberry drink

As a secret pre-dinner warm autumn drink for 2, I sneakily boiled half a litre of apple cider with a stick of cinnamon. But the lovely smell of apple pie very soon gave me away!

26.09.12 Warm apple cider and cranberry drink
Boiling the apple cider with a stick of cinnamon
Most recipes would suggest adding sugar when boiling the cider. I can see why, as unsweetened cider can be sour. I didn't add any sugar to mine. Before serving the warm apple drink, I carefully poured 1 tablespoon of cranberry syrup into each glass for a little 'visual appeal'. The cranberry syrup is unsweetened, too, and it made the drink tart which was quite refreshing as a pre-dinner drink.

Autumn smells and colours represent!

To enjoy more Party Drinks, please see:

9 comments:

  1. Go the hot drinks for Autumn! I was tempted to make mulled wine but there's just the two of us at home this week so not enough people to finish it. I am looking forwards to mulled wine when winter starts for real!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! I can just imagine the smells!!!
    Welcome to the cooking club

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cooking club sounds like an interesting way to share recipes! -love cider, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so yum! I was thinking of making an apple/cinnamon cocktail for this month as well, although it isn't even autumn here in Australia haha. Sounds delicious, and what a lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the cookery challenge! Your drink looks just the thing to have at this time of the year. I can just imagine the smell! I shall definitely be trying this!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this sounds sooo delicious! My mouth has been watering catching up on everyone's party drinks! I'm so happy to have you join the club and well done on the last minute preparations for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh what a great idea! It looks so yummy and lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)