Sunday, August 19, 2012

Behind the Scene: Salmon Rose Dust

Behind the Scene: Salmon Rose Dust clutch or wristlet pouch with detachable strap

Salmon Rose Dust zipper pouch
IMG_2783
A single piece of upholstery
IMG_2784
Cutting strips to make the strap
IMG_2788
Hand-stitching the wrist strap
IMG_2790
A very stiff wrist strap
IMG_2791
Ribbon border ¦ Fabric on smooth reverse side
Lined with a light cotton fabric

The random shapes and complementing colours are so cleverly designed; what I wanted to make out of this gorgeous upholstery fabric swatch was easy. The most difficult part, for me, was coming up with a name for it!
What would you have named it?
To offer customers more views, better close-ups, and a little description as to how the item was personally hand-made, this is a 'Behind the Scene' blog post :) I hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment:

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)