Saturday, August 18, 2012

Behind the Scene: Floral Blue

To offer customers more views, better close-ups, and a little description as to how the item was personally hand-made, this is a 'Behind the Scene' blog post :) I hope you'll enjoy!

Behind the Scene: Floral Blue

I was inspired to make a bag with clashing colours: the deep blue upholstery fabric caught my eye, and I thought it contrasted well with the black-and-white velvet. Snipping only a bit of the blue upholstery to create a 1-inch strap for loops, the remainder of the piece determined the size of the bag it was going to become.

Perhaps you remember the lot of upholstery swatches I once purchased...

To preserve the integrity of the floral fabric, I left it uncut. With a two-sided bag, you can decide if the floral pattern should be at the top, or bottom!
Floral Blue Floral Blue Floral Blue

The bag is available in my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/listing/107099837/floral-blue-black-and-blue-medium-fold

Which way would you fold this bag?
(Both ways look good to me. But maybe because I'm a very indecisive Libra.)

1 comment:

  1. Both ways look good, that's true..maybe the one on the right most :)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)