Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Behind the Scene: Dark Chocolate

DarkChocolate-(2)

Behind the Scene: Dark Chocolate. A large velvet bag.



Singing a different tune from my earlier 2 bags of contrasting fabrics, this time it's all one-tone and minimal.
The darkest-dark chocolate velvet fabric reminded me so much of... dark chocolate. At 90% cacao, no less.
It looked gorgeous after a run under the iron (on non-fuzzy side).

I also got to use my recent purchase of YKK zipper pulls with big plastic teeth. The one used on this bag is black -- to give you an idea of how 'chocolat noir' the velvet brown really is.

DarkChocolate-(6) DarkChocolate-(4) DarkChocolate_closeup DarkChocolate_closeup DarkChocolate_closeup

The body of the bag is sewn as one continuous piece, i.e. no bottom seam.

All of the velvet fabric has been used to make the body of this large bag + 2 adjustable straps (1 used here; the other on another velvet bag).


To offer customers more views, better close-ups, and a little insight as to how the item was personally hand-made, this is a 'Behind the Scene' blog post :) I hope you enjoyed it!

2 comments:

  1. I thought you had baked something nice for your bloggy friend when I spotted the title on my reading list :P
    I have a clutch bag made like your bag, with a hidden pocket where you fold it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really chocolate fabric is rich and elegant in any indoor space. This fabric offers the perfect solution for a lush custom cushion or window seat.

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)