Thursday, July 19, 2012

CD Diary: Medan, Indonesia (Day 4/4) - Mission 1 Complete.

IMG_2188
29.May.12, Tuesday.
Sixteen floors up in the Grand Swiss-Belhotel, we woke up to the morning traffic sounds of Medan.

It was our last day in Medan, and my palette was strangely begging for a sweet breakfast.
And a latte.
IMG_2194
(I never pass up on sweet Indonesian cakes and desserts. And tropical fruits? Hit me.)

Breakfast was said and done quickly, and it was time to check-out and head to the SOCP office.
IMG_2195
We were met up by the SOCP members and driven to an open space, in the city, for training.

IMG_2196 IMG_2198
Driving in Medan called for a more-than-experienced and attentive driver, in my opinion.

From 10:30AM to 1:00PM, we were under the midday sun which I thought was cruel.
Sunblock or UV? Choose your poison.
I chose sunblock, but with the constant perspiration, it was as good as not having any on.
DSC05953
At 1:00PM, it was a wrap.
I remember desperately wanting to be in the shade. And water. And a seat.

DSC05961

The rest of the afternoon was spent back at the SOCP office, as we waited for our flight out in the evening.

Mission 1 complete.
Next stop: Singapore for a few hours' sleep, then Malaysia.

1 comment:

  1. even out of CH ... as Swiss hotel, are getting a little chauvinst ;-)))

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)