Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Behind the Scene: Big X Clutch


The velvet fabric is so nice to the touch, and thought it would be nice as a clutch purse.
Some people like clutches, some people don't. What about you? I also knew it would be great if it could be large enough for an iPad.

With this thick woven stripey cloth, it was going to make the potential clutch less floppy.
To offer customers more views, better close-ups, and a little description as to how the item was personally hand-made, this is a 'Behind the Scene' blog post :) I hope you'll enjoy!
The only down side to this woven stripey fabric was, it was fraying just by my looking at it. How delicate.

I must say that velvet isn't the friendliest fabric on the block. It is temperamental and rebellious!
The seam ripper is always needed, whenever I work with this fuzzy velvet fabric.

We made it, eventually.

This clutch is available in my shop: https://www.etsy.com/listing/65701026/big-x-clutch-black-and-white-with-orange

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had an Etsy shop Juanita! The clutch is lovely. I wish I owned an ipad to go in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this, so talented!I have always wanted to be able to sew. Your etsy store is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)