Saturday, May 5, 2012

Floriade 2012: World Show Stage / Environment

20.Apr.12 Floriade 2012
Urban Knitting
20.Apr.12 Floriade 2012
Through Animal Eyes
20.Apr.12 Floriade 2012
Through Animal Eyes

Many were fascinated by the Urban Knitting tree. For some reason, before arriving said spot, I knew it was going to be a knitted tree. (But with a name like 'Urban Knitting', I thought we'd be invited to crochet around cars, bicycles or benches, too :D)

When one asked, 'How did they do it?', oh boy, that unleashed the crafter in me which led to an unstoppable Tour of Knit Dissection that thoroughly killed the mystery and wonder of my companions.
Oops.
Moving on.

By the way, isn't that giant bird's nest fun? :D

3 comments:

  1. The knitted tree is the most attractive because of its colors. Giant nest is fun and the last one is interesting. How artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the knitted tree! Would love if you checked out my Thursday link party or thriftfanatics page (;

    xx
    Cecilia
    dearestlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that urban knitting look, so whimsical.

    a couple of years ago, the columns on the local town hall (5 columns, each about 5-6 metres in height) were given the knitting treatment. quite a sight!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)