Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Made Bags - Satisfaction No Money Can Buy

Just slightly crazy over fold-top cross-body bags.

Can I just tell you how crazy I am over fold-top, cross-body bags?
I went ahead and made myself 2: one medium, one large.

All one-of-a-kind and so not for sale.
This satisfying kind of feeling, money can't ever buy.

Let me just say, that these couple of weeks have been spent on "Selfish Crafting".
Instead of frustrating over being just-another-shop-in-Etsy, among millions, it's best I spend craft-worthy time on honing in on my sewing abilities and making things for myself.
Furthermore, my sad bunch of old beat-up bags needed much of my attention.

Would you like me to tell you more about these bags? It'll be my pleasure.


10 comments:

  1. Good for you! BTW, you've given me bag envy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh man. I love cross-body bags. Like, I would sell my firstborn {goat} for one. Yours look magnificent! Yay for selfish crafting!

    ps. Do you read The Selfish Seamstress blog? Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I DO know the Selfish Seamstress. Found out about her via Burdastyle! (the sewing forum)

      Delete
  3. Hehe selfish crafting, is there anything better? :D Congrats on the bags! I love love the medium one so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bags are gorgeous!!!
    This inspires me to sew something for me too, as I have some things on my list for ages.
    You are right, if a project turns out so well like your bags, it is most satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viktoria :)
      Good luck with your sewing!

      Delete
  5. Boooo, why not for sale? I LOVE the big one! They are both awesome, but I am kind of obsessed with large bags :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee!!! Now I'm only making things for me, myself and I! :D
      Should I start thinking about making bags for sale?

      Delete
  6. I guess you've reached big numbers there..up in the attic :)
    Do tell us...how many bags do you own now??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bag "collection" is having a makeover! :)
      I believe half will be going to the 'Textile Recycling' bin. To be honest, I only ever use a few!

      Delete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)