Monday, February 27, 2012

When Life Gives You Too Much Dark Chocolate?

26.Feb.12 Crumbly, moist, and slightly more than evil.

You know how there will always be that one thing in assorted mixes that you call your favourite?
In our case with a jumbo chocolate pack, it was the dark chocolate morsels that didn't win us over.
We love chocolates. Just not dark chocolate.

So I spent the day sifting through, weeding out, the bitter ones.
To my dismay, it was the majority flavour. That is so not random, chocolate packers.

So, Sundays call for Sunday Bakes. I say we bake a chocolate cake.

Completely out of nowhere, I used this list of ingredients: 
- abt. 3 cups Melted dark chocolate 
- 100gm Butter 
- 100gm Sugar
- 3 Eggs 
- 2.5 cups White Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda

I knew it was trouble when the volume of melted chocolate was almost the same as cake batter...
Anyhow, 170°C for about 60min. My oven is wonky like that. Otherwise, 180°C for 30-45min.

26.Feb.12

Yup, this works much, much better.

10 comments:

  1. It looks too good to be true--I love the black chocolate, so I would be a convert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I love dark chocolate, up to 80% dark... Michael brought me 90% when he visited, and that's too dark for me. That cake looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dark chocolate above all ... so this cake would not have 'lived' very long :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heaven! yes lets eat chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life gives you too much chocolate when you live in Switzerland, LOL!!!
    More cakes even on work days from now on, please! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dark chocolate, you can never have enough dark chocolate, lol. The cake looks totally yummylicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We must meet! We live right across the lake, and we LOVE chocolate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is no such thing as too much chocolate! But this looks soooooo goooood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious recipe details Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)